- Seniors Resource Guide
Whether you are the 50+ older adult, senior, family member, caregiver or professional that serves older adults, our online directories are about locating senior resources and services in select cities and our national directory is for learning about the variety and types of companies offering services and resources to all ages of older adults.
- Seniors Blue Book
Senior Housing, health care and medical providers, disability services, career and networking opportunities and counseling providers.
- Active Minds for Life
Our mission is to expand lives and minds by providing outstanding educational programs.
- Boulder Community Hospital
Boulder Community Hospital has a proud history of introducing the latest medical services to Boulder County and the State of Colorado. We regularly review new technologies and medical procedures from around the world to identify innovations we want to bring to our community.
- TRU Community Care
Providing hospice care in Boulder and Broomfield Counties.
- Alzheimer’s Association
The Alzheimer’s Association Web site provides information on the latest Alzheimer care strategies, research findings and advocacy initiatives to families and caregivers.
www.alz.org/co (Colorado Chapter)
- A Toolkit for Alzheimer’s Caregivers
A Q&A session with Megan Carnarius, Executive Director of Balfour Cherrywood Village.
- Lifelong Wellness Advocates
Blog and website from Lifelong Wellness Advocates with information on proactive health planning and care.
- American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.
- American Diabetes Association
The mission of the American Diabetes Association is to prevent and cure diabetes through education and research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes.
- American Heart Association
The American Heart Association is a national voluntary health agency whose mission is: “Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.”
- American Stroke Foundation
- National Jewish Health Lung Line
- American Lung Association The American Lung Association works to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through Education, Advocacy and Research.
- Michael J. Fox Foundation
MJFF is dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease through an aggressively funded research agenda and to ensuring the development of improved therapies for those living with Parkinson’s.
- The Arthritis Foundation
The Arthritis Foundation funds research into arthritis and offers information and tools to help people live a better life with arthritis.
- Colorado Gerontological Society and Senior Answers and Services
Call or visit Senior Answers and Services for assistance regarding housing options; nursing home placements; questions regarding health insurance; food supplies, or location of a geriatric physician. Seniors are also assisted with filing forms for government benefits such as tax rebates, Social Security, Medicare and supplemental insurance benefits.
The WebMD provides credible and in-depth medical news, features, reference material, and online community programs in many areas of health and wellness.
Medicare and Benefits Programs
This is the official government website with important information about the following:
What disease prevention is and why it’s important. Which preventive services Medicare covers and how often. Who can get benefits. What you pay.
- The Offical Website Medicare recipients
- Benefits CheckUp Developed and maintained by The National Council on Aging (NCOA), BenefitsCheckUp is a comprehensive Web-based service to screen for benefits programs for seniors. BenefitsCheckUp includes public and private benefits programs from all 50 states such as:
- Prescription drugs
- Nutrition (including Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP)/Food Stamps)
- Energy assistance
- Health care
- Social Security
- In-home services
- Tax relief
- Educational assistance
- Volunteer services
- How women can empower their retirement. Why taking an early and active role can be key to financial success.
Fidelity Viewpoint, 06/28/2011
- Funding Senior Living In An Economic Downturn An article in the Wall Street Journal that provides valuable information for seniors planning their move into a retirement community
- Financial Planning Association of Colorado The Financial Planning Association of Colorado is a statewide, non-profit, professional association of Certified Financial Planners™ licensees and individuals
- Social Security Administration This site provides valuable tools to help in planning for your retirement.
Legal Issues and Fraud Protection
- Elder Law Answers ElderLawAnswers supports seniors, their families and their attorneys in achieving their goals by providing the following services:
- The best information on the Internet about crucial legal issues facing seniors.
- A network of highly qualified elder law attorneys nationwide.
- Online practice tools for elder law attorneys.
- CASE Partnership The CASE Partnership – Communities Against Senior Exploitation – is a unique and successful elder fraud prevention program, for both urban and rural communities, in which prosecutors and law enforcement partner with faith communities. CASE provides a faith-based program for elder fraud prevention, crime detection and reporting, and victim support.
- AARP AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization that helps people 50 and over improve the quality of their lives. This site contains extensive information on health and money matters important to those over 55.
- You’re only as secure as the retirement home
The Washington Post October 31, 2009